🔗Architect – Preservation Architectural Team
Website Bailey Edward Design
Voted as Crain's top 100 Best Places to Work in Chicago, and one of the leading Illinois Architecture, Engineering, and Interior Design Firms, Bailey Edward, is looking for full-time responsive Architect for our Historic Preservation Team to become a part of a collaborative, high-energy studio where professional growth is emphasized. Guiding mission-driven clients, Bailey Edward’s integrated responsive designers transform the built environment for the social good. The firm recognizes the needs of people, places, and the planet; we solve problems and improve the lives of others through consensus building and insightful, sustainable, and acclaimed solutions. The firm passionately serves clients who make an impact locally, regionally, and nationally. We improve communities and invite you to do the same.
• Model firm values of responsiveness, creativity, and professionalism
• Assist with developing design and technical aspects of historical projects from concept through construction, including regulatory reviews.
• Perform historical research, hands-on condition assessment, and material analysis
• Technical writing may include preparation of National Register nominations, Determinations of Eligibility, condition assessment reports, Historic Structure Reports, Building Preservation Plans, and historical specifications.
• Engage in architectural projects by providing construction document production and research to prepare specifications.
• Provide research and support for the preparation of cost opinions
• Attend Owner / Architect / Contractor meetings throughout the project, including during construction
• Consult with the Supervisor regarding unusual complexities and developments