Website PMA Architecture
PMA Architecture is a creative group of architects and designers involved in the preservation of significant buildings, urban places, and interior environments to preserve our heritage for tomorrow. Our market area and work spans across Virginia and includes Maryland and the District of Columbia. Our office is located in the historic district of Hilton Village in Newport News, Virginia.
PMA Architecture is hiring an Architectural Historian with experience in Historic Preservation Projects
PMA Architecture seeks an experienced Architectural Historian or Architect with Historic Preservation experience to work on a portfolio of historic housing located in southern Maryland, Washington, DC, and eastern Virginia.
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated individual and a self-starter. This can be a remote position as PMA maintains a hybrid-work platform. Work location is flexible and structured around the candidate’s preference. However, the successful candidate needs to reside in Coastal Virginia / Hampton Roads, Richmond, Fredericksburg, Annapolis, or Washington D.C. to ensure efficient travel to the properties.
The ideal candidate has relevant education in historic preservation, experience with architectural history, and a deep understanding of Historic Building Preservation and Architectural design.
The Architectural Historian serves as the primary liaison with the Military Housing contractor to bring the schedule and scope of work to completion. With support from the Firm’s leadership, the Architectural Historian manages the following deliverables:
· Developing assessments and solutions that address the client’s needs and preservation principles.
· Consultations with the Military Housing contractor regarding Issues and projects which are referred PMA,
· Field visits to various military sites In Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. which are included in the Housing Provider contract,
· Preparation of memoranda, letters of findings, recommendations, and assessments regarding proposed undertakings for individual properties,
· Management and maintenance of security clearances to obtain access to various military installations,
· Coordination and management of architectural detailing, design, and support data for rehabilitation projects assigned,
· Annual training of Housing Provider personnel as defined under the contract,
· Preparation of Conditions and Maintenance reports for various properties within the Housing Provider portfolio,
· Management of budgets, schedules, and programs project communications and documentation, office administrative tasks, and project team assignments.
· Preparation of reports to SHPO as required,
· Provides technical guidance to less experienced team members.