🔗Cultural Resources Protection Specialist
Website Confederated Tribes of the Coos, Lower Umpqua and Siuslaw Indians
- Survey, identify, locate, and monitor cultural resource sites. Participate in subsurface testing and excavation, report and permit writing, and project tracking.
- Coordinate with Intergovernmental agencies and internal resources, review permits, technical reports, and environmental impact statements, evaluate potential impacts to archaeological and other cultural resources from proposed activities, and recommend mitigation measures per CTCLUSI Tribal code, ORS code, NHPA section 106 and NAGPRA.
- Assist the THPO in consultation with agencies, tribes, partners, and jurisdictions for cultural resource projects and plans.
- Assist the THPO in developing and implementing the Curations Management Plan.
- Review pertinent records and archival materials, organize and maintain confidential records, including cultural resource files, databases, and maps.
- Develop and implement a detailed CTCLUSI NAGPRA policy and relevant protocols for the tribe.
- Serve as the point of contact for NAGPRA-related activities and work closely with CTCLUSI Culture Coalition, Culture Committee, Tribal community, and Tribal leadership.
- Serve as the CTCLUSI point of contact for NAGPRA-related activities and work closely with the Culture committee, tribal communities, and tribal leadership.
- Perform archaeological excavations (primarily salvage archaeology) associated with site development or natural site disturbance/erosion.
- Provide education and outreach for the tribal community through Tribal newsletter articles, presentations, workshops, curation/museum display, and other events organized by the natural resource department.
- Research funding sources for the expansion of the Cultural Resource Protection Program.
- Maintain appearance standards as outlined in CTCLUSI policies.
- Interact with Tribal members, co-workers, colleagues, and the general public courteously, professionally, and efficiently.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Other duties as directed by management.