🔗Director of Development
Website Historic Savannah Foundation
The Director of Development will plan and implement a fundraising program to include Annual Fund solicitations, corporate and foundation proposals, sponsorships, and planned giving.
This is strictly a fundraising position.
- Establish fundraising objectives for the organization, setting one-year, five-year, and longer-term goals
- Maintain a list of potential financial donors, including corporations, foundations, and individuals
- Develop a fundraising message for the institution
- Develop fundraising literature for distribution to previous donors and the public
- Research potential sources of and apply for grants and public funding
- Oversee the fundraising process and maintain records of receipts and disbursements of funds
- This is NOT a Special Events or event planning position. This is strictly a fundraising position
- The Membership & Fundraising Associate will report to the Director of Development
- Foster a culture of philanthropy within and outside the organization.
- Manage fundraising
- Large Gifts
- Capital Campaign – for Save the Sheftall Building campaign
- Solicit Event sponsors – Gala, Preservation Month, Lecture series, Davenport House programs, etc.
- Solicit corporations and foundations
- Collaborate with the CEO & President to develop annual and long-range fundraising goals and objectives.
- Oversee and process all gift income for the purpose of providing receipts and maintaining giving records of donors.
- Oversee data entry into eTap.
- Maintain and update eTap data.
- Serve as staff support for the Board of Trustees Development Committee as needed and assigned. As requested, produce reports for the President & CEO, Development Committee, and Board of Trustees.