Website American Battlefield Trust
The American Battlefield Trust is nation’s premier historic land preservation nonprofit. At the American Battlefield Trust, we build parks and tell stories — the narrative threads that make up the rich tapestry of our nation. Our staff is united by a commitment to excellence and a passion for keeping American history alive. Since 1987, the Trust has saved more than 55,000 acres of hallowed battlefield land from the Revolutionary War through the Civil War. We have reached millions of students and other life-long learners through our education programs. As our nation heads toward the 250th anniversary of its birth, we are looking to grow even more and build upon our previous successes.
The Development Associate will:
Ensure donors are thanked appropriately
- Along with the Database Manager, participate in weekly meetings with our gift-processing vendor to track their progress in sending out acknowledgment letters and premium gifts.
- Produce a small number of highly customized acknowledgment letters for significant donors.
- Write acknowledgment letters and ensure they are used appropriately
Support donor stewardship efforts to show donors we appreciate them and report back to them on success
- Oversee the creation and production of stewardship pieces, such as birthday and holiday cards for donors.
- Create new member mailings to welcome new donors.
- Work across departments to create unique “victory” postcard mailings when we save a piece of property from reporting back to donors who supported that effort.
Support Direct Mail program
- Create purchase orders and order stationery and inventory as needed.
- Research and order premium gifts we offer when donors give gifts of certain levels.
Provide direct support to donors and oversee the external contact center
- Provide direct customer service to our donors through phone and email to solve any issues they may have.
- Our gift processing vendor is also our contact center, and they will handle most basic donor questions. Still, the Associate will be able to provide higher-level service for questions that may need additional explanation or troubleshooting.
- This can include duties from providing information about current fundraising efforts, troubleshooting why a donor hasn’t received an acknowledgment letter or premium gift, and answering various questions about the status of gift processing.
- Manage the contact center services provided by our outside gift processing vendor.
- This includes participating in weekly status meetings, providing training as needed, and monitoring calls to donors.
- Conduct some basic data entry and internal gift processing tasks.