When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is essential. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities. Our talented team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery.
With more than 30+ billion digitized global historical records, 125+ million family trees, and 22+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family stories and gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? You belong at Ancestry.
Ancestry is looking for a project-based temporary Archival Digitization Specialist to work on a contract basis in Brookville, IN. We ask that you are a technical person with experience working with digitization, archival documents, and goal-oriented projects. You are efficient, show great care for detail, and are accustomed to independent work in an environment that handles focused and repetitive tasks. This is a full-time opportunity; the regular working hours will be 8:00 AM-5:00 PM (also eligible for part-time hours). You will report to the Domestic Remote Senior Imaging Manager. This is not a work-from-home position. You will be contract-based and not eligible for Ancestry benefits. Compensation will be $15/hr.
What You Will Do:
- You will capture digital images of documents as specified by our company
- You will perform quality audits on each roll that has been scanned before transmission
- You will report progress and quality audit notes and enter data into spreadsheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- You will initiate and bear responsibility for the delivery or transmission of images to the corporate office
- You will perform regular equipment maintenance functions and coordinate machine maintenance with third-party hardware service providers
- You will perform essential image enhancement and file organization tasks
- You will maintain professional relationships with partners that protect the image and mission of Ancestry.com
Who You Are:
- You can manage several projects and practically determine project urgency.
- You have experience anticipating problems and finding creative ways to solve them.
- You have experience with scanning and editing equipment, procedures, and materials.
- You have experience with Photography, Library, and Archives, or a History background.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via email, the Internet, or in any form and method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid if Ancestry hires the candidate due to the referral or through other means.