Website Arizona Conservation Corps
Arizona Conservation Corps (AZCC) operates conservation service programs across Arizona that empower individuals to positively impact their lives, their communities and the environment.AZCC has operational bases in Tucson and Flagstaff. AZCC, a program of Conservation Legacy, aims to continue the legacy of the Civilian Conservation Corps of the 1930s. AZCC is focused on connecting youth, young adults and recent-era military veterans with conservation service work projects on public lands.
The Program Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are: recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, and mentoring seasonal field staff including Crew Leaders, and Assistant Crew Leaders; supporting and maintaining partnerships through partner coordination, project development, and reporting; overseeing and maintaining consistent quality control, risk management, and program integrity. Both office and field work are required in this position and the ability to work a flexible schedule is critical.
Essential Responsibilities and Functions:
• Work in collaboration with the Program staff to recruit, hire, train, mentor, evaluate, supervise, and support Field Staff.
• Work with other staff on pressing projects when appropriate, including recruitment efforts and shop tasks.
• Coordinate and schedule crew activities and projects with a diverse array of land
• Determine and develop project expectations and specifications, working with project partners. Communicate work plans to Crew Leaders, ensuring that they are prepared and knowledgeable of projects prior to implementation.
• Actively engage in quality control and risk management through all phases of project planning, implementation, and evaluation.
• Maintain a staff presence in the field, including frequent overnight stays.
• Collect data from crews on an on-going basis. Maintain and organize multiple
information systems and databases.
• Produce high quality reports for project and community partners.
• Communicate with and assist the Logistics staff to ensure the shop, fleet, equipment, and other practical crew needs are met.
• Assist Program staff with a wide variety of in-house trainings such as trainings on
leadership, chainsaw operations, trail work, driving, Wilderness First Aid, and Leave No Trace, as well as a weeklong orientation for incoming Corps members. The Program Coordinator may also be involved with other on-the-job trainings such as advanced felling, fence construction and maintenance, rigging, and historic preservation.
• Participate in program promotional activities.
• Establish and maintain local recruitment contacts, schedule outreach events, and assist the Recruitment Team with interviews as appropriate.
• Serve as a responder to AZCC field emergencies, including being “on-call” for afterhours support.
• Assist with other general duties as needed or assigned by supervisor.
• Successfully engages, leads and supports an inclusive work environment for those of underrepresented populations within the organization and the communities we serve.
• Leads and/or participates in organizational-wide teams, projects and initiatives that support the work of the Strategic Plans goals.
• Reports any potential harassment or grievances within the organization as identified in the Personnel Policy Manual.
Conservation Legacy is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals and will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to perform essential job functions. Some positions may require periodic overnight travel, non-traditional work hours, ability to move across varied terrain, use program-specific tools and a range of technology on an infrequent or frequent basis. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Ability to safely drive an organizational vehicle may also be required for some positions.
Logging in with a Registered User Account and completing the Universal Application is required to apply for NCPE Internships. Please visit the Universal Application page to register for an account and complete the form. After logging in and completing the form, refreshing this listing will display the Job Application to apply online.