Website Barba + Wheelock Architecture
Barba + Wheelock is a Portland, Maine based, women-owned architectural firm, with a passion for contextual design, whether it’s a new build, an addition to an existing building, or involves historic rehabilitation. Our work takes us throughout Northern New England working on projects of cultural merit – libraries, sacred places, select schools, museums, and private residences. Our mission-driven work is drawn to projects that have the ability to affect social change - and often at the intersectionality of sustainability and historic preservation. Located in Portland, Maine, our open office culture is focused and highly productive, yet fun, humanistic and structured with a work/life balance that allows one to enjoy the best Maine has to offer. Portland is a small city continually on the best lists for restaurants, livability, quick proximity to nature and the water, with an authentic way of life.
Barba + Wheelock is now at the rare juncture of looking to bring on a key person to complement our small productive team. The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
– Experience as an Architect working within an Architecture Firm (8 years or more)
– Proficiency in Revit Architecture (5-7 years minimum with work samples required)
– Professional Architectural Degree
– Optional: Historic Preservation Degree or Certificate, or possess significant experience working on design and construction detailing for projects that interpret the Secretary of Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties
– Professionally and confidently correspond with clients, co-workers, contractors, consultants; good networking skills
– Registered Architect in Maine, or be able to become registered in Maine within 1 year
– Experienced in all facets of project development and project management
– Particular skill in design excellence
– Facile and good mixed media graphic skills for design presentations
– Construction detailing, and construction administration experience
– Self-motivated and team-connected
Benefits and Perks
Pay: We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and skill level. Bonus structure.
Health: Health insurance stipend to cover the employee.
Rest: Vacation and paid holidays, paid time off for sick/personal.
Retire: Retirement plan with employer contribution.
Career: Annual allowance for conferences and training
Preferred – 4 days in-office position /1 day remote, and ability to work more days remote when requested.