🔗Project Director, Till House
Website Blacks in Green
An environmental justice and green community economic development organization in West Woodlawn.
The project director will be responsible for planning and managing the tasks associated with opening the Till House to the public. Once the House is open to the public, the project director will be responsible for the effective administration, management, and operation of the Till House. The project director’s work will align with our mission to create a Sustainable Square Mile™ based on African American traditions of land stewardship by telling the story of the Till family’s life in the Chicago neighborhood of West Woodlawn and by leading the restoration of the building as a prototype for carbon neutral adaptive reuse.
The project director’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and managing the work required to open the Till House to the public, including an exterior restoration and the carbon-neutral adaptive reuse of the interior. This work also includes preparing a plan for the interpretation and programming of the Till House.
- Organizing and supporting the Till House Advisory Council and other community engagement initiatives.
- Preparing and producing a strategic plan for the Till House with the Till House advisory committee and BIG’s executive director.
- Planning, programming, and managing education programs, events, and other activities associated with the Till House.
- Fundraising and development to support the Till House in collaboration with the BIG development team.
- Directing the daily operations of the Till House and resolving any issues regarding the building in collaboration with the BIG operations team.
Preparing and managing the annual budget in collaboration with the BIG financial team and executive director.
- Preparing and producing an annual report and related materials with the BIG public relations team and executive director.
- Initiating the Till House collections and archive.