🔗DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Website Boston Preservation Alliance
The Boston Preservation Alliance is the leading nonprofit advocacy organization in Boston for historic preservation. Our mission is to advocate for and empower Bostonians to play an active role in preserving the places and stories that are important to our history.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the Development Committee, the Executive Director, and in 2024 a Fundraising Consultant, design and implement a comprehensive Development Funding Plan that maintains the fiscal health of the organization and provides future financial resources for growth and expansion.
- Duties include but are not limited to: grant writing and management, corporate/organizational/individual giving, annual appeal development and management, fundraising events, planned giving, and a long-term strategy for a capital campaign.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships within the community to foster a positive image for the organization such that companies, schools and institutions, foundations, and individuals will make the Boston Preservation Alliance a funding priority.
- Act as the primary point of contact for funding, donations, and fundraising event inquiries.
- Collect, organize, and maintain a complete and accurate database record of donors and funding received. The Alliance uses Neon CRM.
- Work collaboratively with staff and Directors/Advisors to offer management, production, and oversight of events, including developing and managing production timeline, budget, and evaluation.
- Collaborate with the Deputy Director to execute the Annual Report, Peer-to-Peer campaign, Awards sponsorship materials, the Year End Appeal, and other fundraising efforts throughout the year.
- Assist the Executive Director with creating and maintaining key relationships with donors and supporters.
- Produce acknowledgment and renewal letters on a regular basis.
- Other tasks as appropriate for the role as assigned.