🔗Associate Zoning Planner
Website City of Cambridge
The Community Development Department (CDD) is the planning agency for the City of Cambridge. Encompassing the Economic Opportunity and Development, Housing, Community Planning, Zoning & Development, and Environmental & Transportation Planning, CDD’s mission is to foster a livable, sustainable, just, and equitable community. CDD engages and collaborates with community partners, other government agencies, businesses, and residents to make Cambridge a desirable place to live, work, learn, play, and innovate.
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager for Zoning and Development, the Associate Zoning Planner will support the work of Z&D in the following ways:
- Studying zoning changes that will advance Cambridge’s planning and policy goals
- Reviewing proposed amendments to the Zoning Ordinance and advising the City Council and Planning Board
- Coordinating the review of major urban development projects, working with staff in other program areas like urban design and transportation
- Staffing the Planning Board and other committees
- Supporting Cambridge’s long-range planning initiatives
- Collaborating on zoning initiatives with City staff and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Advising other City departments on matters related to zoning and development
- Educating and informing the public, including residents, property owners, businesses, developers, and design professionals, about zoning
- Additional responsibilities based on the needs of the division, department, or City
Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is primarily indoors in a professional office setting, although some work may be at other indoor or outdoor locations in Cambridge. This position may be eligible for hybrid work under the City’s new Telework Policy, depending on operational needs.