🔗Historic District Coordinator
Website City of Hammond, LA
Examples of DutiesPrimary Responsibilities:
- Managing monthly commission meetings (e .g. scheduling and advertising meetings, establishing and distributing the monthly agenda, preparing meeting minutes)
- Reviewing and preparing applications packets for all exterior and signage requests. Include the relevant District’s design guidelines and present research at monthly commission meetings.
- Answering questions about the application process for Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) and District guidelines.
- Conducting monthly inspections of the Historic District for non-compliance and unapproved work, with follow-up requesting action or submission of application.
- Maintaining the District’s website and social media accounts with District activities and furthering the District’s office as a public resource.
- Photographing, documenting, and notifying owners and tenants via emails, phone calls, and letters. Maintain complete records of all properties within the District.
- Navigating conversations with business owners and commission members by staying informative and objective.
- Using judgment to determine the use of administrative approvals for in-kind applications and emergencies.
- Maintaining the District’s state certification and other state requirements – ensuring completion of annual ethics, continuing educational credits, and keeping detailed records for recertification.
- Working with the Downtown Development District (DDD) and City entities (City Council, Building, Planning and Zoning, Legal), to determine best practices and strategies for District properties and proposed applications.
- Marketing the public image of the District and educating the public about preservation through events and other types of interactive initiatives.
- Leading special projects as developed in office or proposed by the Commission.
- Responding to public research requests for information regarding the District and the City of Hammond.
Logging in with a Registered User Account and completing the Universal Application is required to apply for NCPE Internships. Please visit the Universal Application page to register for an account and complete the form. After logging in and completing the form, refreshing this listing will display the Job Application to apply online.