🔗Executive Director, Connecticut River Museum
Website Connecticut River Museum
To deepen appreciation of the River’s history and to inspire its stewardship by providing unique educational and recreational experiences to diverse audiences.
Skills and Experience
Strategic Leader Able to Balance Vision and Operations
- Mission-driven leader who is aligned with and committed to implementation of CRM’s strategic plan and goals.
- Ability to envision and execute initiatives to realize those goals, working closely with staff to measure progress against agreed-upon objectives.
- Innovative thinker able to identify, assess, and act on new opportunities that expand an organization’s reach, impact, and sustainability.
Inspiring Ambassador and Fundraiser
- Poised, persuasive leader who delights in serving as the face of an organization and is driven and excited to expand CRM’s network
- Compelling public speaker capable of connecting with and inspiring a wide range of diverse people to visit, volunteer with, and/or donate to the Museum.
- Enthusiastic, seasoned fundraiser adept at strategically identifying, stewarding, and sustaining existing and prospective donors.
- Experience managing and growing revenue-generating programs, services and/or memberships.
- Proven ability to build partnerships and alliances that expand the geographic reach of an organization, a program, or a service.
- Experience engaging with and/or managing Board relations and recruitment.
Skilled Manager of People and Organizations
- Authentic leader who fosters trust, collegiality, communication, and collaboration among staff.
- Energetic, engaged, accessible manager who embraces hands-on leadership that is focused and disciplined, while also encouraging individual staff initiative and team building.
- Sound financial manager familiar with budgets and forecasts, especially as it relates to fundraising, earned revenue, expense control, and development.
- Leader who holds self and others equally to consistent, high levels of accountability and performance.