Window Restoration Specialist
Website Deep Roots Craftsmen
Deep Roots Craftsmen is a historic preservation contractor based in Fort Collins, Colorado. With craftsman roots in New England, our owner has been performing preservation work across the state of Colorado for the past six years, after similar work on the east coast. Thanks in large part to one of the strongest grant programs in the country, preservation is thriving in Colorado and the market continues to grow for window restoration work. Many of our projects are partly state grant-funded, leading to an interesting and always varying range of non-profit clients and project sites. Our projects have ranged from historic schools to churches, to barns, to museum spaces and additions/ renovations on private homes. Each job is unique in its elements but consistent in its adherence to the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Window Restoration Specialist. As we continue to build up our window restoration and preservation capabilities, we are looking for another core member of our team. Much of the work would occur in our shop space in beautiful Fort Collins with work on the road involving the removal and reinstallation of windows and performing additional on-site restoration work.
The duties and responsibilities of Window Preservation Specialist include but are not limited to the following:
- Preservation and restoration of historic windows (and doors) from start to finish including stripping, de-glazing, and prepping windows; joinery repair, Dutchmen and epoxy repair, re-glazing, and finishing.
- Construction of new windows and storm windows from scratch using traditional joinery and craftsmanship.
- Restoration of hardware and components of entire window assembly.
- On-site removal, reinstallation, and additional trim/ jamb restoration as required.
- Potential for carry over to other aspects of the company including a wide range of preservation carpentry activities both in shop and on site.