🔗Historic Preservation Specialist
Website EHT Traceries, Inc.
EHT Traceries, Inc. is a woman-owned research and consulting firm specializing in architectural history and historic preservation based in Washington, DC.
EHT Traceries, Inc. seeks an experienced Historic Preservation Specialist.
A qualified applicant understands the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), is a proficient researcher, is able to develop complex historic contexts, and is well-versed in and experienced with the Secretary of Interior Standards and National Register Criteria.
A qualified applicant should also be an organized, hard-working, independent self-motivated individual who enjoys collaborating with others, and can successfully work on multiple tasks and projects.
Previous experience with the following is a plus:
· Writing architectural descriptions
· Researching and evaluating historic resources
· Preparing National Register of Historic Places nominations
· Applying Secretary of Interior Standards for Rehabilitation
· Conducting material and condition assessments
· Communicating with local and State Historic Preservation Offices
· Presenting findings to clients and the public
– Complete historic architectural resource surveys at the reconnaissance and intensive levels, including writing architectural descriptions, background research, context development, field documentation, report writing.
– Conduct archival research at local repositories including libraries, archives, museums, and land record offices.
– Develop historic contexts and other deliverables documenting historic structures and sites.
– Evaluate historic architectural resources using National Register of Historic Places (NHRP) criteria.
– Lead or contribute to preparation of documents, including National Register nominations, determination of eligibility, HABS/HAER/HALS documentation, landmark context studies, conditions assessments, and historic structure reports.
– Presenting findings to clients, the public, government staff, review agencies, and commissions, and SHPOs