🔗Preservation Architecture Job Captain
Website Garavaglia Architecture, Inc.
For Garavaglia Architecture Inc., Innovating Tradition defines our mission-driven business. We are dedicated to integrating important aspects of cultural resource stewardship and architectural services that create individually tailored project approaches and support a creative work environment.
Innovative perspectives are needed in today’s architectural profession. The arena of work we are responsible for can transcend design, and enters cultural importance. Historic preservation and sustainability engages this realm. Contact us if you are looking to make a difference in our communities, and our world. Garavaglia Architecture Inc. is an award-winning SF-based preservation architecture focusing on historic and older structures. While many of our projects are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, we work throughout California.
We are currently seeking a Job Captain with 3 to 5 years of professional experience. The position required strong construction documentation and archaic condition assessment knowledge, design capabilities, and is able to participate in permitting and construction administration support.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of, and experience with, the following:
· Understand both exterior and interior condition assessment, treatments, and construction detailing
· Participate in the development of Historic Structure Reports
· Be able to communicate clearly with team members and sub-consultants
· Preparation of construction documents in collaboration with project manager and drafters
· Adhere to CAD drafting standards and protocols
· Experience with building codes and planning processes, design detailing, construction documents, and construction administration
· Ability to develop drawing sets, submittal milestones, basis of design, perform code research
Garavaglia Architecture is committed to providing an environment for growth opportunities to its employees including participation in professional organizations and continuing education. We offer a competitive benefits package and are an Equal Opportunity Employer.