Georgia Department of Transportation
JOB SUMMARY: Under close supervision, provides entry level professional support in environmental services.
POSITION SPECIFIC DUTIES: Under close supervision, perform entry level work learning to do the following:
- Plan and conduct surveys and research on Federal-aid and State-aid transportation projects to identify historic resources and evaluate their eligibility for the National Register of Historic Places
- Prepare and/or review the appropriate documentation as required by State and Federal laws and regulations
- Compare design alternatives to assess effects of the proposed transportation projects to those resources
- Prepare and/or review documentation concerning such resources and effects to them in accordance with various State and Federal environmental laws and regulations
- Complete mitigation of adversely affected resources
- Serve as a liaison between the Georgia Department of Transportation and other State and Federal agencies and private parties concerned with historic resources of the state.
Additional duties include:
- Perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Read and understand plans, maps, and aerial photographs.
- Provide quality customer service to internal staff, agencies, consultants, and customers.
- Commitment toward work and a high standard of ethical conduct.
- Make correct inferences from available information and select the appropriate rule, policy, or procedure to follow.
- Communicate and work effectively with internal and external staff in a professional, cooperative manner.
- Communicate ideas and facts to individuals and groups both verbally and in writing in a clear and organized manner.
- Adapt to change including new policies and procedures.
- Manage own time effectively while dealing effectively with multiple priorities.
- Recollect instructional information to accurately apply new knowledge and skills learned in work performed.
- Problem solve – generate and evaluate alternatives to recommend a sound solution applying the appropriate rule, policy, or procedure, or suggest new methods and procedures, as needed.
- Work effectively with others to find mutually acceptable solutions.
- Travel statewide with occasional overnight stay.
- Occasionally work after normal business hours, as needed.
Logging in with a Registered User Account and completing the Universal Application is required to apply for NCPE Internships. Please visit the Universal Application page to register for an account and complete the form. After logging in and completing the form, refreshing this listing will display the Job Application to apply online.