🔗Seasonal, On-Call Archaeology Field Technician
Website Gray & Pape
Gray & Pape, a national cultural heritage firm, is seeking to increase our qualified pool of Archaeological Technicians for work in our Midwest and Northeast offices and project locations. Individuals interested in working for Gray & Pape will only be selected from this pool.
The Seasonal Field Technician performs archaeological fieldwork, lab work, or GIS work under the direction and supervision of a Gray & Pape Project Manager/Principal Investigator. Applicants approved for the pool must have (at a minimum):
– B.A./B.S. in Archaeology, Anthropology, Tribal Historic Preservation, or related field with prior coursework in, or demonstrated knowledge of archaeology, prehistory, and history
– Archaeological field school experience
– Ability to use GPS unit and Total Station
– Ability to use Digital/point-and-shoot/DSLR cameras
– Capability to take detailed notes
– Demonstrated work reliability.
Preference will be given to those with CRM experience. Familiarity with Phase I, II, and/or III work required. Pay is dependent on region and experience, the range is $16.50-$23/hr.