Website Gray & Pape
Gray & Pape, a national and international cultural heritage management (CRM) firm, is seeking a GIS Specialist in our Houston, TX office. The expected salary range for this role is $48,000-$60,000 commensurate with skills and experience. This role is full-time, regular status, exempt position. Gray & Pape offers a hybrid work environment with built-in flexibility for days in the office.
• Utilize the company’s GIS capabilities to support and enhance projects.
• Coordinate with staff to develop databases and GIS structures that can be used to analyze and manage project data and enhance the visual presentation of the data.
• Educate staff about various capabilities of the company’s GIS and its applicability for resource/planning analysis and project management support.
• Coordinate with project managers, field personnel, and other staff to prepare project mapping and report graphics.
• Manage project special data, develop project-specific database structures, and develop project-appropriate and innovative GIS and map products.
• Coordinating with the GIS Director / Senior GIS Specialist to provide up-to-date evaluations of company GIS resources and develop new GIS technology.
• Participate in planning for, implementing, and using new technologies.
• Create training materials for field and office staff and assist with training.
• Maintain familiarity with the Internet, published, and commercial data and base map sources, acquires needed data and electronic base mapping, maintain company GIS archive, and maintain an inventory of in-house resources.
• Maintain current awareness of GIS literature, software, and hardware, and its applicability to CRM.
• Manage tasks and schedules for multiple simultaneous projects to complete projects on time and on budget following company standards and protocols.
• Evaluate and ensure that data sets are retrieved in the field correctly, that data sets are processed appropriately in house, and accurate report graphics are generated on schedule and within budget for that data.
• Participate in public outreach programs to educate people about the importance of archaeological resources and CRM, at the project, professional, and/or community levels.
• Maintain a commitment to promoting equity and inclusion.
Logging in with a Registered User Account and completing the Universal Application is required to apply for NCPE Internships. Please visit the Universal Application page to register for an account and complete the form. After logging in and completing the form, refreshing this listing will display the Job Application to apply online.