Highbridge Materials Consulting, Inc.
Highbridge Materials Consulting is seeking candidates for a laboratory assistant position. We are a testing laboratory in Pleasantville, NY, that applies materials science to historical landmarks. Given our unique expertise, we have the opportunity to work on a wide range of masonry materials taken from important historical structures across North America. The position is being offered with a minimum $55,000 annual salary, but this is negotiable. We would be excited to find a more advanced candidate.
The laboratory assistant’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with laboratory technicians to produce accurate test samples.
- Performing various laboratory tests in mechanical, geological, and chemistry laboratories.
- Collecting and processing test data.
- Supporting the scientific staff with organizing analytical reports and formatting documents and images.
- Various scientific and administrative tasks, including sample archiving.
If the following describes you, then please apply.
- You are interested in historic building materials.
- You have a STEM degree or have completed coursework in a STEM field.
- You are exceptionally detail-oriented.
- You are a high-performer who can work efficiently in a fast-paced environment while maintaining careful attention to detail.
- You take excellent notes without prompting and can follow detailed instructions with high fidelity.
- You are highly organized and produce work with minimal errors.
- You communicate well in a team setting.
- You have excellent hand-eye coordination and spatial awareness. Perhaps you have a hobby that requires an artistic ability or the ability to manipulate delicate parts.
- You are not afraid of a little college-level algebra and can do simple arithmetic in your head.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.