Website Historic Building Architects LLC
The firm of Historic Building Architects, LLC (HBA) has one central mission: the high-quality restoration and adaptive use of important historic buildings in the public realm. Over the past 25 years, HBA has earned a national reputation for completing significant restoration projects and garnered both National and State Preservation Awards. Key to the success of HBA is state-of-the-art historic and scientific research and innovative yet practical design solutions that respect our environment, cultural heritage, and community. HBA’s projects are primarily located in the Northeast from Maine to Florida. We have built a team of employees and consultants who care about and enjoy preservation work, including our in-house technical staff of preservation architects, designers, and conservators. HBA is committed to creating designs and making repairs using carefully planned, technically savvy, forward-looking approaches.
- Work closely with the principal and management team to coordinate multiple active projects with internal team members and consultants; projects may include facade restoration, exterior rehabilitation, historic preservation, forensic investigation, and interior alterations.
- Lead small projects independently as well as collaborate on larger-scale projects as part of a team, balancing demands on multiple projects at various stages of development
- Manage document production including HABS drawings, with proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Manage Construction Administration, prepare meeting minutes, and field reports, and review applications for payment and change orders.
Work with HBA’s Material Conservation Laboratory for material analysis investigation.
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure design intent, quality assurance, quality control, and best practice standards.
- Assist with consultant communication on projects; proactively initiate potential design solutions that advance the practice of architecture and HBA’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- The lead internal team on documentation through all phases of the project, planning, and managing design team efforts to effectively meet deadlines and budgets.
- Demonstrate firm-wide leadership by willingly sharing experience and knowledge with other staff.
- Provide and receive constructive feedback to facilitate continuous improvement in our work.
- Engage in preservation industry groups to develop specialized knowledge.
- The ability and desire to take leadership roles in the office for a variety of assignments, either temporary or permanent.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with clients and build client relationships and trust.
- Strong mentoring, written and verbal communication, and organizational skills
This opportunity is a full-time position that – for the foreseeable future – will be located as a remote / home office position. Ideally, and when the restrictions brought about by COVID-19 lift, the position will be based in Trenton, NJ; all applicants should be located within reasonable commuting distance from Trenton or willing to relocate. This position requires some travel to and from project sites, with most projects located in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
HBA is an equal opportunity employer and as a practice embraces equity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We offer a competitive salary and benefits structure commensurate with experience. HBA can consider only applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States and do not require sponsorship.