🔗Preservationist / Preservation Coordinator
Website Historic Fredericksburg Foundation, Inc.
The Historic Fredericksburg Foundation, Inc. (HFFI) seeks a part-time Preservationist to coordinate the organization’s preservation services. The position would be for 25 – 30 hours a week. Hours may change as funding, and Board objectives dictate. Pay will be based on experience but may range from $22 – $25 per hour. The Preservationist would report to and work with the Director of Operations but also work on other Foundation projects in conjunction with the Board President.
Initial duties would include but not be limited to the following:
● To advocate for historic preservation in Fredericksburg on behalf of HFFI and to build relationships and partner with groups impacting historic properties; Attend and represent HFFI at monthly Architectural Review Board meetings; Join committees and community groups impacting preservation; Work with HFFI’s Board on goals; make regular reports to the Board on these activities while making recommendations on fulfilling Board projects.
● Serve as a point of contact for preservation-related inquiries at the Lewis Store (HFFI Office) for guests, HFFI members, and community members.
● Educate and engage the community in preservation through HFFI’s website and social media, for example.
● Catalog, monitor, and administer HFFI’s Easement Program, coordinating with the Real Estate Committee and volunteers.
● Work with the Director of Operations to ensure the HFFI office is a Resource Center for local historic preservation.
Applicant should have experience and be proficient in the following skills:
● Education: Individuals must meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Standard for Architectural and/or Historic Architecture.
● Experience: Individuals must have demonstrated knowledge of and experience with historic building materials; general awareness of historic district design guidelines and commission policies/procedures; preservation or conservation easements; and SOI guidelines for treating historic properties.
● Individuals must possess strong interpersonal and communications skills and positively advocate for HFFI and the Historic Preservation movement to support strong relationships with property owners, the Architectural Review Board, and the public.
● Individuals must be able to coordinate multiple projects and tasks.
● Individuals must have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google software. WordPress website work is not required but would be helpful.
Please send a cover letter with a resume to Board President, HFFI, 1200 Caroline Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401 or by email to office [at] hffi.org
This is a re-posting due to scheduling changes. Previous candidates can indicate their continued interest via email.