JMT (Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson) is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,800 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, construction management, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked 60 on Engineering News-Record’s (ENR) list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson (JMT) is seeking a full-time Architectural Historian with at least three-years’ relevant experience to assist our Cultural Resources team. The position will entail technical work focusing on historic structures documentation and evaluation, Section 106 compliance, and architectural survey work.
The successful candidate will be part of an interdisciplinary team including archaeologists, architectural historians, historians, environmental scientists, engineers, and planners. The qualified candidate must be able to write at a professional level and present ideas in a well thought-out and comprehensive manner. The preferred candidate will enjoy a variety of working conditions ranging from field efforts to office analysis.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Fieldwork to survey a variety of structure types;
- Assistance with GIS-based survey applications and data collection;
- In-person and online archival research;
- Documenting and evaluating historic structures;
- Writing property descriptions, historical narratives, significance statements, and National Register justifications
- Section 106 effect evaluations
- Assist with HABS/HAER/HALS and other forms of mitigation
FCC 620/621 Forms
Nonessential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned