Website Logan Simpson
Logan Simpson, an environmental planning, cultural resource, planning, and landscape architectural design firm, has an immediate opening for a regular full-time Architectural Historian based in any of our offices located in Salt Lake City, Utah; Fort Collins, Colorado; Reno, Nevada, or in Flagstaff, Tempe, or Tucson, Arizona. We will also consider qualified applicants who are located in the greater Los Angeles, California area, and who are willing to work from their home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting and assisting with historic preservation and other cultural resources fieldwork, including documentation of historic buildings and structures;
- Conducting historical background research;
- Preparing reports and other document production, such as Architectural Surveys and National Register of Historic Places nominations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural History, History, Public History, Historic Preservation, or closely related field or at least 5 years of equivalent professional work experience;
- Demonstrable experience in conducting archival research, building and/or cultural landscape and trails inventories, and reporting;
- Familiarity with architectural terms and styles typical to the Western United States;
- Be able to work cooperatively in a team-oriented setting;
- Must be able to travel and work out-of-town;
- Possess a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- Master’s Degree in Architectural History, Historic Preservation, Public History, or closely related field;
- Meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards for Architectural History and/or History;
- Experience with preparing nominations for the National Register of Historic Places;
- Familiarity with Historic American Building Survey and Historic American Engineering Record documentation;
- Experience with National Historic Trails.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation in all states, but California, will range from $48,000 – $58,000 annually – depending on experience. If a candidate from California is selected, then the salary range will vary depending on the physical location;
- Work on a variety of interesting projects across the West, including:
- National Historic Trails Inventories
- Cultural Landscape Reports
- NRHP nominations
- HABS/HAEAR/HALS surveys
- Historic preservation master plans
- Architectural surveys, neighborhood design guidelines, interpretive materials, oral histories and public outreach
- Rehabilitation tax credit projects;
- Support for professional conference attendance;
- Internal professional development program;
- On-the-job training opportunities;
- Bonus programs for publishing, employee referrals, and academic achievements;
- Babies-At-Work Program;
- 401K with firm match;
- Subsidized medical and dental plans, firm-paid Life/AD&D, and Long-Term
- Disability coverage;
- Paid holidays and personal time off;
- Paid parking, travel, and cell-phone reimbursements;
- Paid Costco membership
If interested, please apply online at http://www.logansimpson.com/careers/ and attach a resume, a cover letter that includes salary expectations, and writing samples to demonstrate this experience.
Logan Simpson is proud to be an EEO/AA employer
Logging in with a Registered User Account and completing the Universal Application is required to apply for NCPE Internships. Please visit the Universal Application page to register for an account and complete the form. After logging in and completing the form, refreshing this listing will display the Job Application to apply online.