🔗African American Heritage Preservation Program (AAHPP) Grant Specialist (Agency Grants Specialist II)
Maryland Commission on African American History and Culture / Maryland Historical Trust
This position directly supports the missions of MCAAHC and MHT mission by managing grants that support the preservation of Maryland’s African American heritage. Duties include the fiscal administration of State-funded African American Heritage Preservation Program (AAHPP) grants.
· Prepare, transmit, and coordinate grant agreements and other related legal documents for the AAHPP grant program, in coordination with the Office of the Attorney General, MDP/MHT fiscal staff, and AAHPP Program staff.
· Provide direct coordination with and assistance to grantees on matters pertaining to preparation of grant agreements, project progress reports, disbursement requests, financial reporting responsibilities, and project audits.
· Review requests for payment/reimbursement submitted by grantees via Program staff, reviewing requests for accuracy, assuring that all expenditures, including the grantee’s match, have been accounted for in accordance with the terms of the Grant Agreement and that sufficient financial backup/documentation has been provided by the grantee. Prepare grant purchase order and payment requests for approval; coordinate with MDP/MHT fiscal staff on processing.
· Maintain project status and auditable records via grants lifecycle management software.
· Research and prepare various reports and budget requests, as needed.
· Assist with Fiscal Year End accounting.