Website Mason Architects, Inc.
Mason Architects, Inc. (MASON) is Hawaii's foremost firm combining architecture, historic consulting, and sustainability. Founded in 1978, we are a thriving inter-disciplinary firm located in Honolulu, Hawaii.
MASON seeks an Architect with design research, documentation, and administration skills. This team member should be comfortable managing a small team of architectural staff and consultants. They should have experience delivering clear design solutions, coordinating multiple disciplines, scheduling projects, working within project budgets, and communicating with clients.
To join us as an architect, you should be able to:
- Undertake architectural analysis, feasibility studies, existing condition studies, and programming
- Prepare plans to ensure compliance with applicable guidelines and regulatory mandates
- Prepare and coordinate drawings and specifications
- Communicate architectural, sustainable design, and preservation concepts and work with clients, design, and construction professionals
- Be a flexible, collaborative team player willing to take on varying project assignments, including historically focused projects.
- Exhibit strong communication and organizational skills, including excellent graphic presentation skills.
- Experience with government projects is a plus.
- Verify U.S. citizenship or permanent U.S. residency
- Residency in Hawaii is encouraged but not required
Education: Bachelor of Architecture or Bachelor of Science in Architecture or equivalent
Preferred: Master of Architecture or Doctor of Architecture
Experience: 5+ years practicing architecture
LEED AP, WELL AP, or Living Future Accreditation a plus
Meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards for Historical Architects, a plus
- Proficient in Revit and Bluebeam required.
- Experience in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign at minimum), MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Experience in Lumion or other rendering software is a plus
- Experience in CoveTool, Tally, or other sustainable design modeling software is a plus
- Experience in ArcGIS
License: Licensed in the State of Hawaii or Emerging Professional near licensure
Job Type: Full-time, salaried professional
- Competitive pay
- Health and dental insurance
- 401k plan
- Transportation incentive
- Continuing education assistance