🔗HISTORICAL ARCHITECT – HONOLULU, HAWAII
Website Mason Architects, Inc. (MASON)
Mason Architects, Inc. (MASON) is Hawaii's foremost firm combining architecture, historic consulting, and sustainability. Founded in 1978, we are a thriving inter-disciplinary firm located in Honolulu, Hawaii.
MASON seeks an Architect meeting the Secretary of the Interior’s (SOI) Professional Qualification Standards for Historical Architect with B Arch or B.S. Arch or equivalent and 3+ years practicing architecture. Preferred: Master of Historic Preservation/Architectural History or equivalent. Must be licensed in the State of Hawaii or Emerging Professional near licensure.
- Manage a small production staff team and coordinate with consultants, clients, construction professionals, and governmental agencies.
- Perform site surveys, prepare an analysis of existing conditions, and apply the SOI Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties.
- Prepare construction drawings and specifications to ensure compliance with applicable guidelines and regulatory mandates.
- Identify historic building styles, designs, and materials; and demonstrate an interest in the technical aspects of historic properties, including conservation of historic materials.
- Experience with government projects is a plus (verify U.S. citizenship or permanent U.S. residency)
Skills: Proficient in Revit and/or AutoCAD, MS Office, Bluebeam and/or Adobe Acrobat. Exhibit strong communication and organizational skills with basic graphic presentation skills for preparing reports.
Candidate shall reside in Oahu, HI currently, or be willing to relocate here soon.
Salary commensurate with experience. Range: $75k-$90k
Benefits: Health and dental insurance, 401k plan, transportation, and Continuing Education budget
How to apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and supporting portfolio information and/or writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org