Website Metcalf Archaeological Consultants, Inc.
Metcalf is 100% employee-owned, which means that all employees share in the company’s success. As a cultural resource management firm, we have over 40 years of experience providing archaeological services in the Rocky Mountains, Eastern Great Basin, and Central and Northern Great Plains.
Metcalf Archaeological Consultants, Inc. is looking for an experienced Architectural Historian to work in any of our offices (Golden or Grand Junction, CO, Bismarck, ND, or Bozeman, MT). This position is full-time, regular, and eligible for all benefits provided by Metcalf (health insurance, 401k plan, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with an hourly wage that ranges from $25.00 to $30.00 per hour (equating to roughly $52,000 to $62,400 per year), depending on experience. This position is also eligible for a flexible schedule.
Architectural Historians at Metcalf work independently on smaller projects or as part of a larger team under the direction of a Project Supervisor and conduct historic resource surveys and assessments. On some projects, the Architectural Historian may act as a project supervisor. Responsibilities also extend to ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and permits, monitoring schedules and budgets, and maintaining high levels of quality.
Work Conditions and Physical Demands – The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to work independently without direct supervision
- Able to work outdoors for 10 or more hours a day in often very hot (>90°F) and very cold (<32°F) temperatures; other conditions include high winds, extreme dust, and high altitude
- Must be able to walk numerous miles in a work period, often in rugged terrain
- Must be able to dig, kneel, and crouch for extended periods of time
- Able to lift at least 40 lbs. and maintain physical fitness adequate to tasks
- Willing to spend several days at remote work locations during the field season
- Able to safely and legally drive four-wheel vehicles in all settings
- Able to work in an office setting
Metcalf is 100% employee-owned, which means that all employees share in the company’s success. As a cultural resource management firm, we have over 40 years of experience providing archaeological services in the Rocky Mountains, Eastern Great Basin, and Central and Northern Great Plains. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.