Website Motley Design Group LLC
Motley Design Group has a strong presence in downtown Phoenix, designing historic preservation, adaptive reuse, and urban infill projects. We are one of the leading historical architecture firms in Arizona. In addition, we have a broad client base in a wide variety of project types - including public works, aviation, single-family and multi-family residences, and industrial facilities, to name a few - truly a motley assortment. Our studio is located at the heart of the Grand Avenue Arts District. As a relatively small company, we can tailor positions and responsibilities to fit the needs and abilities of our employees.
Motley Design Group has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic worker who shares our vision of a revitalized city combining the best of the old with humane and compatible new construction.
Duties include designing and producing historic preservation, remodeling, and new construction projects using ArchiCad. Position reports to the Principal Architect.
- Field measurement and documentation of existing buildings and sites
- BIM modeling of existing conditions
- The architectural design of projects (commensurate with ability)
- Creation of presentation materials
- Preparation of construction drawings and details
- Work with engineering consultants
- Work with AHJ permit and zoning processes
- Assist in bidding and construction administration
SAMPLE PROJECTS COMING IN:
- Several substantial commercial historic rehabs
- Ground-up and TI Restaurants
- Municipal facility evaluations
- Major museum expansion
Motley Design Group has a strong presence in downtown Phoenix, designing historic preservation, adaptive reuse, and urban infill projects and with a secondary market of new commercial and industrial buildings. We have a relatively small studio, ensuring that employees can be involved in projects in all phases. We are NOT a hire/fire firm! We only hire when we are confident that the workload will support a new position for the long term and hope to develop our employees’ skills and abilities.