Website National Preservation Partners Network
The National Preservation Partners Network is a membership-based nonprofit dedicated to building and strengthening the capacity of individual partner organizations and the collective historic preservation movement through training, networking, knowledge, sharing, technical assistance, and semi-annual convenings. The National Preservation Partners Network advances the growth and effectiveness of the organized preservation movement through communication, education, training, and a common advocacy agenda.
kpCompanies is leading the search for the next Executive Director for the National Preservation Partner Network. We are seeking a dynamic and visionary leader to serve as the Executive Director to oversee strategic and programmatic aspects of our nonprofit member-based national network of more than 120 historic preservation organizations. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in achieving our mission to advance the growth and effectiveness of the organized preservation movement through communication, education, training, and a common advocacy agenda.
Currently, with a staff of one, NPPN seeks a self-motivated leader to grow and support the organization, increasing its effectiveness, diversifying its membership, and building its organizational capacity.
We welcome you and thank you for considering this Executive Director position.
● Develop and implement a strategic vision to grow and strengthen the National
Preservation Partners Network in collaboration with the Board of Directors and
its member organizations.
● Lead the organization in identifying and pursuing innovative and impactful
initiatives to advance historic preservation efforts nationally.
● Diversify and expand the membership to establish a robust network of historic
preservation organizations and allied professionals.
Fundraising and Development
● Develop and execute comprehensive fundraising strategies in collaboration with
committees to secure financial support from various sources, including
membership, grants, donors, and corporate sponsors.
● Cultivate and maintain relationships with diverse members, key stakeholders, and
funders to sustain and expand organizational funding.
Member Support and Engagement
● Work closely with member organizations to understand and respond to their
needs and challenges.
● Plan and execute virtual and in-person events and convenings that facilitate
networking, knowledge-sharing, and collaboration among members.
● Identify opportunities, new programs, and initiatives that align with the
organization’s mission and strategic goals.
● Develop and implement programs that provide support and resources to member
● Collaborate with stakeholders to design and implement programs that address
emerging challenges and opportunities in the field of historic preservation and
● In collaboration with the board and committees, evaluate existing and ongoing
programs for relevance and effectiveness.
Administrative & Financial Oversight
● Provide strong leadership and guidance to the organization, including future staff
and/or contractors, to foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment.
● Oversee day-to-day administrative tasks of a non-profit, such as maintaining
membership records, managing communications and website, and grant
● Responsible for day-to-day oversight of bookkeeping, payroll, budgets, and
required tax filings.
● Develop, improve, and implement organizational policies and procedures in
collaboration with the board of directors and committees to ensure efficient and
● Collaborate with committees – i.e. Executive, Finance, Governance, Advocacy &
Education, Communications, and Membership – to develop and implement
organizational priorities, initiatives, policies, and procedures.
● Support the board of directors and committees through meeting coordination,
participation, and record keeping.