Website NEW Solutions
The NPS Experienced Services Program is a unique partnership created to help solve the workforce issues facing government agencies. The program connects experienced workers (age 55+) to the NPS to provide scientific, technical, and administrative support. • NPS ESP positions are meant to provide temporary, project-based support. This position is currently funded for an estimate of 52 weeks. • A background security investigation may be required prior to the start date. Only those positions with 30+ hours per week are eligible for health insurance benefits; all positions will accrue sick leave.
Enrollee will assist the State, Tribal, Local Plans and Grants division of the National Park Service with the review and management of historic preservation grants and education of applicants and awardees.
- Assist with the technical review of grant applications, reports, draft and final projects.
- Assist with preservation project/program evaluation, including monitoring and assessing awardee performance and establishing performance measures.
- Recommend or support the initiation of appropriate action to protect Government interests. 30%
- Support the development and delivery of training, technical assistance, oversight, expertise, and consultation to program officials, awardees, review panels, applicants, recipients, and sub-recipients as needed regarding historic preservation activities. 30%
- Participate in monitoring, assessing, and ensuring awardee compliance with all applicable preservation laws and guidelines, especially the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards and Guidelines for Archeology and Historic Preservation.
- Document compliance with all historic preservation regulatory and legal requirements. 25%
- Communicate with external customers, recipients, and the awardee community to clarify, interpret, and resolve issues related to historic preservation practices. 15%