🔗Historic Site Restoration Coordinator
Website New York State Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation
New York State Historic Preservation Office
The Division’s Technical Services Unit is responsible for providing technical services for the restoration, rehabilitation, and preservation of privately and publicly owned historic properties, including buildings, structures, landscapes, and objects. Technical Services Unit staff provide comments on the effects of federal or state undertakings on the historic built environment in accordance with federal and New York state regulations.
The applicant must understand the application of the National Register of Historic Places criteria for evaluation and the application and interpretation of the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation. In addition, experience with the Federal Historic Preservation Tax Incentives program is preferred. Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform technical review of projects for compliance with historic preservation standards and programs, including determining existing conditions, reviewing architectural plans and design proposals and evaluating the impact of proposed projects on historic resources.
• Develop treatment recommendations for repair and maintenance activities for compliance with preservation guidelines and principles.
• Review proposed projects and consult with design professionals, project sponsors and others to resolve problems.
• Participate in site visits.
• Assist in planning and designing projects involving historic properties.
• Provide information to staff and the public about technical programs and preservation regulations and standards.