Website NYC Parks
NYC Parks is the steward of over 30,000 acres, including more than 5,000 properties ranging from Coney Island beach and Central Park to community gardens and Green Streets. These diverse public spaces include 800 athletic fields, nearly 1,000 playgrounds, 1,800 basketball courts, 67 public pools, 51 recreational facilities, 15 nature centers, 15 golf courses, and 14 miles of beaches NYC Parks’ Art & Antiquities Division conserves and maintains more than 800 monuments and artworks throughout the five boroughs of New York City, curates and administers public art installations, and manages the Agency’s historic resources.
· Under the direction and supervision of the Monuments Conservation Manager as well as independently, perform daily maintenance and/or assessments of monuments and public artworks located on NYC parkland.
· Conduct bronze cleaning, waxing and refinishing, masonry cleaning, repointing, and graffiti removal.
· Maintain logs and written reports, including digital photo documentation, submitted on weekly basis.
· Operate and maintain tools, equipment, and vehicles necessary to conduct duties of the job, and ensure they operate in proper working condition. Tools include pressure washer, scaffold, lift, and forklift operation.
· Transport and arrange art objects, artifacts, materials, and equipment.
· Assist conservator with specialized restoration and conservation projects.
· Maintain accurate records, track assignments and procure necessary supplies.
Work Location: Randall’s Island, Manhattan and Brooklyn War Memorial, Brooklyn
Salary: $34,716 – $39,923 plus excellent benefits.
Work Location: *Location: Randall’s Island, Manhattan and Brooklyn War Memorial, Brooklyn