🔗Project Review Manager – Archaeology
Website Ohio History Connection
The Ohio History Connection, formerly the Ohio Historical Society, is a statewide history organization with the mission to spark discovery of Ohio's stories. Chartered in 1885, the OHC carries out history services for Ohio and its citizens focused on preserving and sharing the state's history. This includes housing the state historic preservation office, the official state archives, local history office and managing more than 50 sites and museums across Ohio.
- Analyze project documentation to determine the eligibility of properties for listing in the National Register of Historic Places and to provide comments and recommendations for the purpose of surveying and identifying historic properties.
- Review surveys, data recovery plans, maps, drawings, photos, and other documentation in order to assess the effects of projects on historic properties.
- Synthesize review results and clearly communicate the outcome in writing, meetings, and other communication media.
- When needed, make site visits to evaluate the effects of proposed projects on historic properties.
- Negotiation of agreement documents to avoid, minimize, or mitigate adverse effects to historic properties.
- Review and comment on federal and state regulations concerning the protection of historic properties.
- Create and provide training and assistance to federal, state, and local agencies, individuals, companies, and organizations, including presenting at workshops and conference sessions.