Website Page & Turnbull
Page & Turnbull, one of California’s first architecture and cultural resources planning firms to focus its practice on historic preservation, is looking for a passionate architectural historian/cultural resources planner. Our mission statement is: “We imagine change in historic and contemporary environments to cultivate thriving, sustainable, and resilient communities. We are visionary architects, historians, and planners who explore the nuances of place and history to shape a better and more equitable future. We thrive on creativity and collaboration that incorporates the best of the old and the new. We value authenticity and mutual respect in our work and relationships.”
POSITION AT A GLANCE
We are hiring for an Architectural Historian/Cultural Resources Planner 1 position at any of our offices in California: San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, or Los Angeles. We work in a hybrid work environment, so proximity to one of the offices is required.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION IS IMPORTANT
We strive to have a meaningful impact on historic places in California and beyond. You will help us produce exceptional deliverables. You will work directly with a talented 11-person Cultural Resources Planning Studio team and will collaborate with the Architecture and Preservation Technology studios. You will immediately work on an exciting variety of historic projects encompassing a range of sizes and property types.
THE NUTS & BOLTS
- Perform digital and traditional historic research
- Possess knowledge of American architectural styles, National Register criteria for evaluation, and the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties
- Visit sites and document existing conditions
- Write architectural descriptions
- Use InDesign, Illustrator, and other graphics programs
- Work on a variety of projects, including:
- Environmental Review & Historic Documentation: CEQA Historic Resource Evaluations, Secretary of the Interior’s Standards Project Analyses, HABS documentation, NHPA Section 106 consultation, interpretive programming
- City & Urban Planning: Historic Context Statements, historic resource surveys, General Plans, Specific Plans, Long Range Development Plans
- Architecture Projects: Architectural design consultation, Federal Tax Certification Documentation