Website Park County
The Park County Department of Heritage & Tourism works to preserve, protect, and promote the natural and cultural heritage of Park County, Colorado in a sustainable manner that improves the quality of life for its citizens. The South Park National Heritage Area is managed by the government of Park County, Colorado in cooperation with the South Park National Heritage Area Advisory Board. The Park County Department of Heritage & Tourism utilizes the designation to achieve goals outlined in the Management Plan, along with numerous community partners. Our department combines the efforts of many varied disciplines to make Park County a better place for citizens and visitors alike. We work to protect the natural, historic, and prehistoric resources of Park County and responsibly share them with visitors through our Historic Preservation and Tourism programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Executive Director with the planning, funding, development, and execution of projects and grants that further the goals of the SPNHA’s management plan
- Works closely with the Preservation & Project Manager to track, manage and keep financial and other reporting documents of SPNHA preservation, education, and cultural projects.
- Maintain grant reporting and financial records for all departmental grants and projects, and complete and submit all reports as required by the National Park Service.
- Work closely with the Director to manage the Wilkerson Pass Visitor Center, limited supervision of four seasonal staff, and all financial aspects of operating a visitor center and retail store, including inventory, sales, and report management.
- Maintains positive and effective relationships with SPNHA sub-grantees (including training, supporting, and evaluating) and monitors adherence to all Federal, State, and local grant guidelines. Prepare and issue new grant agreements with subgrantees.
- Check-in quarterly with subgrant recipients on project status
- Maintains all Departmental budgetary registers and prepares financial reports as requested.
- Ensure accurate and updated record-keeping.
- Acts as staff liaison/secretary for the SPNHA Advisory Board of Directors and keeps minutes of Board meetings.
- Prepare & update all grant application documents and reporting requirements.
- Manage annual grant application opening and closing.
- Process grant reimbursement requests throughout the year.
- Process change requests in scope, budget, or timeline from grantees.
- Assist potential grantees with application questions and reporting requirements.
- Update & Maintain accurate grant information on SPNHA’s website
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, acts as liaison with all SPNHA partners, including local, state, and national organizations, institutions, agencies, and governments.
- Research, identifies, and evaluates appropriate grant opportunities.
- Assists the Executive Director in preparing and submitting grant applications and proposals to federal, state, corporate, and private sources.
- Promote SPNHA’s grant program with community historical societies, museums, schools, and other community groups.
Job Titles Supervised:
Limited supervision of temporary staff at Wilkerson Pass Visitor Center
Logging in with a Registered User Account and completing the Universal Application is required to apply for NCPE Internships. Please visit the Universal Application page to register for an account and complete the form. After logging in and completing the form, refreshing this listing will display the Job Application to apply online.