Website Preservation Dallas
Since its founding in 1972, Preservation Dallas (PD) has been dedicated to preserving and sharing Dallas’ rich history as it is expressed in historic buildings, sites and neighborhoods. It is the only city-wide, umbrella non-profit promoting the value of historic preservation. The organization is creating a culture of preservation in the city and surrounding communities through an expanding range of programs and activities.
This is an entrepreneurial position, where the Executive Director plays a leading role, working closely with the Board in developing, articulating, and implementing the strategic direction of PD while also serving as PD’s key liaison with the community.
• Report to and work closely with the Board.
• Lead the Board and staff in developing programs, organizational plans, and financial plans for PD, and implement those plans in accordance with PD policies.
• Recruit, hire, supervise and manage staff.
• Advocate publicly for preservation in Dallas and serve as a spokesperson for PD, including serving as chief liaison with city, county, and state officials and the public.
• Manage the development of the budget and monitor compliance throughout the year.
• A principled leader with unquestionable ethical standards and integrity, who is mission-focused.
• A clear, persuasive, and reliable communicator. An accomplished salesperson to promote PD’s mission. An influencer.
• Approachable, disarming, and accessible. A people-person.
• Dedicated to nurturing a culture of inclusion with staff, members, and the community.
• Organized and disciplined.
• Self-motivated and have a passion for the job.