Website Ryan, LLC
Ryan offers outstanding opportunities to work in a dynamic, rapidly expanding tax services firm serving the world’s most respected Global 5000 companies. Our innovative work environment, accelerated growth path for high performers, competitive benefits package, and outstanding earning potential provide the most rewarding career experience available in the industry. Through collaboration and support, Ryan employees thrive in a guilt-free workplace in which the focus is on results and superior client service, rather than where and when the work is done. With a clear understanding of expectations and accountabilities, employees are given ownership of their time and flexibility to meet the demands of their professional and personal lives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional client service to multi-state companies by identifying tax savings opportunities
- Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax controversies, which includes preparing clients for discussions with auditors, representing the client at hearings and appeal meetings, and preparing protests
- Research and draft technical memoranda regarding state and local tax questions or issues
- Respond to client inquiries and requests from tax authorities
- Review documentation and research issues
- Work with raw data to complete detailed calculations.
Education and Experience:
- Working toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Real Estate, or Economics.
- Anticipated graduation date within one year of internship
- Minimum Overall and Major GPA of 3.0
- Minimum of 6 – 12 Accounting hours, depending on the practice.
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Work effectively in a fast pace, high-energy environment.
- Strong problem-solving, attention to detail, and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
- Intermediate knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
Certificates and Licenses:
A valid driver’s license is required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran