🔗Mid-level Architectural Historian
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is seeking a motivated and dynamic mid-level architectural historian to support our Cultural Resources Team and clients located in the Upper-Midwest region. The qualified candidate will work in close coordination with our professional team and with Senior Project Management in a range of architectural history projects. This is primarily a remote position (candidates need to reside in Illinois, Wisconsin, or Minnesota) with regular travel to project sites throughout the region in which the applicant is located. Multiple applicants will be considered to cover the needs of each state/region.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conducting background research, built environment field work, developing contextual analysis, making recommendations of NRHP eligibility, and report preparation
- Assisting with finalizing complex architectural history projects with a team of junior-level architectural historians
- Assisting senior-level staff with scoping and managing projects
- Managing and mentoring junior-level staff
- Coordinating with other Stantec staff to ensure the quality of data, field work, and documentation
- Projects will vary in size, scope, and complexity and will be conducted in close coordination and under the supervision of senior-level staff
Qualified applicants should be able to demonstrate good leadership and judgement qualities, strong technical skills, good communication skills, and feel comfortable making technical decisions in the field. The preferred candidate also should demonstrate a desire for growth and new skill development.