🔗Lead Archaeologist- Principal Investigator
Website SWCA Environmental Consultants
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
SWCA’s Gulf Coast operation is seeking a Lead Archaeologist in Baton Rouge, LA to support its growing practice. You will assist the Directors, Team Leads, and Project Managers with project coordination and quality control for cultural resource management projects and expand SWCA’s professional reputation in archaeological and historical consulting and research.
This is a regular, full-time salaried position reporting to our Gulf Coast Cultural Resources Director. This position offers the flexibility of a hybrid or remote work environment.
What you will accomplish
- Serve as primary author on large technical reports, research designs, and other technical documents.
- Conduct content edits of technical reports and site forms.
- Oversee field research, data collection, inventory, analysis, and final report production, ensuring these tasks are conducted in accordance with the QA/QC plan.
- Assist with training and mentoring of staff in topics including NRHP eligibility, implementation of research designs, technical reporting, and site recording protocols.
- Take initiative, resolve problems, and create improved procedures to ensure that tasks are completed in the most effective manner.
- Contribute to fostering a collaborative team environment that leads to successful projects and team members in the local offices and with other SWCA offices as part of One SWCA.
- Maintain good working relationships with state and federal agency contacts and clients.
- Additional project management duties as needed: manage budgets and projects, prepare proposals, interact with clients, and manage staff.
- Demonstrate proficiency in project management and effective delegation.
- Have a proven client network which is supported by a proven reputation for providing highest quality service to clients.
- Dedication to scientific integrity and quality work products for all clientele.
Commitment to the Mission, Vision and Values of SWCA.