🔗Lead Archaeologist – Principal Investigator
Website SWCA Environmental Consultants
About the opportunity
SWCA’s Gulf Coast operation is seeking a Lead Archaeologist in Baton Rouge, LA, to support its growing practice. You will assist the Directors, Team Leads, and Project Managers with project coordination and quality control for cultural resource management projects and expand SWCA’s professional reputation in archaeological and historical consulting and research.
This is a regular, full-time salaried position reporting to our Gulf Coast Cultural Resources Director. This position offers the flexibility of a hybrid or remote work environment.
What you will accomplish
- Serve as primary author on large technical reports, research designs, and other technical documents.
- Conduct content edits of technical reports and site forms.
- Oversee field research, data collection, inventory, analysis, and final report production, ensuring these tasks are conducted in accordance with the QA/QC plan.
- Assist with training and mentoring of staff in topics including NRHP eligibility, implementation of research designs, technical reporting, and site recording protocols.
- Take initiative, resolve problems, and create improved procedures to ensure that tasks are completed in the most effective manner.
- Contribute to fostering a collaborative team environment that leads to successful projects and team members in the local offices and with other SWCA offices as part of One SWCA.
- Maintain good working relationships with state and federal agency contacts and clients.
- Additional project management duties as needed: manage budgets and projects, prepare proposals, interact with clients, and manage staff.
- Demonstrate proficiency in project management and effective delegation.
- Have a proven client network that is supported by a proven reputation for providing highest quality service to clients.
- Dedication to scientific integrity and quality work products for all clientele.
- Commitment to the Mission, Vision, and Values of SWCA.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
SWCA is committed to salary equity and salary transparency for all its employees. In alignment with this commitment, SWCA posts good faith pay ranges in all its advertised job postings to promote pay equity and transparency.
An employee in this Baton Rouge, LA – based position can expect a salary of $75,400.00 – $98,280.00 /year. Actual pay within this range may depend on experience, qualifications, geographic location, client requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law. Regular-status employees are also eligible for performance bonuses. Candidates are also encouraged to consider SWCA’s Total Rewards package, which includes a competitive Benefits package, forward-thinking workplace flexibility, outstanding corporate culture, award-winning career development, and more.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.