🔗Project Archaeologist – Principal Investigator
Website SWCA Environmental Consultants
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a Project Archaeologist/Principal Investigator (HR Title: Project Archaeologist) in our Baton Rouge, Louisiana office. You will report to our Cultural Resources Team Lead and collaborate with a larger cultural resources team across Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, and the Gulf Coast region. You will be responsible for managing projects and upholding our company’s standards of excellence.
This is a regular, full-time salaried position. It is preferred that the selected applicant resides or relocates to the Baton Rouge area. A hybrid work arrangement can be considered for the right candidate.
What you will accomplish
- Serve as the primary author on large technical reports, research designs, treatment plans, and other documents.
- Contribute to a supportive and dynamic work environment, collaborating effectively with other Principal Investigators, Project Managers, and staff in all offices throughout the company.
- Conduct content edits of technical reports and site forms
- Oversee technical aspects of field research, data collection, inventory, analysis, and final report production
- Supervise, mentor, and support field staff in all aspects of their responsibilities
- Contribute to business development efforts in the Houston/Baton Rouge market, including managing budgets and preparing proposals
- Take initiative, and resolve problems to ensure tasks are completed in the most efficient manner
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
SWCA is committed to salary equity and salary transparency for all its employees. In alignment with this commitment, SWCA posts good faith pay ranges in all its advertised job postings to promote pay equity and transparency.
An employee in this Baton Rouge, LA-based position can expect a salary of $67,080.00–$85,800/year. Actual pay within this range may depend on experience, qualifications, geographic location, client requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law. Regular-status employees are also eligible for performance bonuses. Candidates are also encouraged to consider SWCA’s Total Rewards package, which includes a competitive Benefits package, forward-thinking workplace flexibility, outstanding corporate culture, award-winning career development, and more.
EOE – Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 1-480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.