🔗Assistant Staff Environmental Planner
Website SWCA Environmental Consultants
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding our team and actively looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion for delivering the highest-quality project work. Our Salt Lake City office is looking for a self-motivated Assistant Staff Environmental Planner with attention to detail and strong communication skills. Individuals need to be willing and able to work with peers across various offices and accomplish tasks associated with a variety of projects in any given week. The ability to work directly with clients is imperative.
This is a permanent full-time, regular position, reporting to one of SWCA’s Project Managers out of our Salt Lake City office.
Our Vision (the North Star): Help drive SWCA to be the best workplace and industry leader in sustainability, bringing sound science and creative solutions to global environmental challenges while maintaining a dedication to employee ownership.
Core Values: We are #OneSWCA and collaborate across all our offices, programs, and disciplines. We are #AlwaysLearning, we #NeverSettle, and we #GiveBack. We are 100% employee-owned, and we build our success together. It is imperative for the successful candidate to fit SWCA’s unique culture. Do you appreciate sustainability and environmental awareness? Is giving back to your community a priority? SWCA is a team of scientists, planners, technical experts, and corporate services professionals that are committed to our culture.
Purpose: Our company’s purpose is to preserve natural and cultural resources for tomorrow while enabling projects that benefit people today. You are invited to be a part of our success story.
What you will accomplish
You will be responsible for contributing to environmental impact analyses, helping to facilitate public and agency outreach, and supporting quality assurance during the development of Environmental Assessments (EAs) and Environmental Impact Statements (EISs). Specific responsibilities include:
- Contribute to preparing EAs and EISs addressing the development of a wide variety of projects, revision of federal resource management plans (RMPs) and land use plans, issuance of rights-of-way, approvals, and/or leases, policy amendments, etc. In addition, this position will help write and manage tasks for the preparation of NEPA documents related to projects managed by federal agencies or for those that occur on federal lands.
- Help with the development of EAs and EISs, including NEPA documents, for business lines that may include land use planning, generation, transmission, mining, and others.
- Assist teams by supporting or providing technical assistance for the preparation of key aspects of NEPA documents and the NEPA process, including Pre-NOI activities and project planning; development of the description of the proposed action and purpose and need; NEPA document structuring and content planning; public scoping; public comment review and response; and Records of Decisions and Findings of No Significant Impact.
- Demonstrate excellent behavior and professionalism while providing leadership at the project, team, and office levels.
- Applies knowledge of NEPA and other regulations/guidelines to a variety of environmental planning projects.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.