🔗Lead-Level Project Manager- Renewables
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices and remote employees across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms. Our biologists, archaeologists, planners, and technical experts work together to preserve natural and cultural resources for tomorrow while enabling projects that benefit people today
SWCA Environmental Consultants is actively seeking a Lead-Level Project Manager with strong interpersonal skills and experience in project permitting and project management to join our team and primarily support renewable energy generation and transmission projects. Projects will be located throughout Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and parts of Iowa and Wisconsin. This individual will work with a dynamic and company-wide team to successfully drive projects throughout all phases, from early planning and permitting through construction. The ideal candidate will possess environmental consulting and project management experience, preferably with specific knowledge of renewable energy generation and transmission. SWCA is looking for the right candidate to take on existing and future projects and help build our presence throughout the region. This is a regular (with benefits), salaried, full-time position.
The successful candidate will have technical expertise and experience in at least several of the following: energy facility siting and constraints studies, permitting, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) compliance, and/or agency interactions at all levels. Required skills include the ability to manage large, complex projects and meet milestones within schedule and budget expectations as well as competency in providing quality assurance, quality control (QA/QC) oversight. The candidate will be experienced in managing multidisciplinary staff to complete project permitting requirements.
Below please find the job responsibilities for a Lead Project Manager. Responsibilities for a senior project manager will include lead larger, more complex projects and serving more as a subject matter expert.
- Oversee large, multi-year, multi-disciplinary development projects
- Lead, manage and develop project budgets
- Lead, oversee, and execute the management of permitting efforts for renewable energy and transmission projects of all sizes and levels of complexity
- Work closely with project teams to navigate permitting challenges and meet client needs
- Take initiative and resolve issues to assure client needs are met effectively
- Lead and advise on all aspects of project implementation, including the development of permitting strategies, provide QA/QC of work processes and deliverables, and lead teams completing technical studies that support permitting efforts
- Manage projects that include NEPA compliance, biological resource assessments and constraints analyses, state and federal Endangered Species Act consultations, Clean Water Act Section 404 and Section 401 permitting, state-level siting permits, and cultural resources studies
- Supervise, mentor, and provide project technical support to junior staff
- Work closely with SWCA’s resource scientists, environmental planners, managers, and directors in both natural and cultural resources groups throughout the company to promote SWCA’s business interests in adherence to its mission, vision, and values
- Take a lead role in pursuing project opportunities, primarily within renewable energy generation market