Website The Landmark Society of Western New York
The Landmark Society of Western New York, Inc., is one of the nation’s oldest and most active historic preservation organizations. It is a not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to helping our region’s communities preserve and capitalize on their rich architectural, historical, and cultural heritage. The Landmark Society’s service area covers nine counties in western New York centered on the City of Rochester.
We are seeking a talented Communications Coordinator to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating compelling promotional and educational content for our website and various social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. The Communications Coordinator will collaborate closely with Landmark Society staff to develop content that effectively promotes our events and initiatives, engaging our audience and building our online presence. This position reports to the Director of Preservation Outreach and will work directly with other department heads and staff members.
- Collaborate with Landmark Society staff to gather content and information about events, projects, and initiatives. This will require working on-site in our historic castle office, except for off-site events and in-the-field content creation.
- Working directly with the Director of Preservation Outreach, develop a social media plan that balances educational content related to our preservation initiatives with promotional content specific to our events and fundraising goals.
- Capture high-quality photographs and videos for use in digital and print media.
- Develop a content calendar and strategy for social media campaigns and postings.
- Monitor and analyze social media engagement and website performance to optimize strategies and campaigns.
- Respond to comments, messages, and inquiries on social media platforms in a timely and professional manner.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices to improve and innovate our digital presence.
- Maintain consistent branding and visually appealing graphics across all print and digital media, ensuring a cohesive and professional visual identity.
- Create and curate engaging content, including posts, stories, images, videos, and other media to share and promote our events and initiatives.
- Maintain The Landmark Society’s WordPress website by updating content and calendars, creating blog posts, and coordinating with our website hosting service to address issues in a timely manner.
- Work directly with the Director of Public Programs and other staff members to manage the design and layout of The Landmark Society’s quarterly print magazine, LANDMARKS.
- Manage Celebrate City Living digital media presence and sponsorship fulfillment.