Website The Mannik & Smith Group, Inc.
MSG is an award winning, full service consulting firm that offers a wide array of services including civil and geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, planning, landscape architecture, surveying and construction support. We pride ourselves in being a single source asset for our clients and in our ability to anticipate and exceed client expectations. Our talented staff of more than 350 professional engineers, environmental scientists, landscape architects, planners, surveyors, technicians and support personnel deliver integrated planning, design, and engineering and construction solutions to our clients from our offices throughout Ohio, Alabama, Michigan, West Virginia.
The Mannik & Smith Group, Inc. is seeking qualified applicants for an open Architectural Historian position in our Maumee, Ohio, office. This full-time position will work with the Architectural Historian Team within the larger Cultural Resources Group. Primary responsibilities of the position include the following:
· Assessing the National Register of Historic Places eligibility of individual resources and/or districts
· Writing architectural descriptions, property histories, historic context statements, statements of significance, and effect determinations
· Historic property and context research, including primary and secondary sources, census records, historic maps, newspapers, city directories, building blueprints, tax records, etc.
· Engaging with the public and stakeholders
· Preparation of Section 106 review applications/forms/reports
· Preparation of technical reports for above-ground property surveys
· Conducting field surveys and site visits
· Photographic surveys of historic resources and project areas