🔗Visitor Experience Intern
Website The Valentine
The mission of the Valentine is to engage, educate, and challenge a diverse audience by collecting, preserving, and interpreting Richmond’s history.
The Visitor Experience Intern will get hands-on exposure to Visitor Services in a small museum setting. The intern will be trained in the day-to-day operations of a museum front desk, including selling tickets and memberships, introducing guests to the museum and to Richmond, and guiding tours of the galleries and historic house.
Over the course of the summer, the intern will…
– Learn about accessibility in a museum setting and work to enhance the accessibility of the museum space and its galleries
– Develop interpretive and wayfinding resources for guests, including gallery guides, self-guided tour materials, and campus maps
– Complete training on Altru, a Blackbaud product, and understand the importance of data capture and analysis for museums and nonprofits
– Train to give tours of the Wickham House, a historic home built between 1812-1814, and assist with interpreting the space for visitors
– Assist with organizing and leading meetings of the Visitor Experience Group, an interdepartmental team focused on in-person visitor engagement
– Work with all sides of the Valentine to enhance the visitor experience during a busy attendance period for the museum
Grant funded stipend available in the amount of $1500.00 per semester. Flexible schedule, approximately 10-20 hours per week.