Website VHB - Vanasse Hangen Brustlin
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments. Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment. Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience. Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation. Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects. Amazing co-workers A focus on learning and development Flexible, hybrid workplace It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
About the Position
VHB is seeking an Archaeologist to join our Atlanta-based archaeology team. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic team, across diverse disciplines, giving you exposure to a wide variety of projects in size and scope.
- Conduct Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III archaeological investigations and data recoveries
- Write technical reports that assess archaeological site integrity and significance under Criterion D of the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP)
- Prepare appropriate field methodologies for archaeological survey
- Lead field crews in conducting archaeological investigations
- Record archaeological resources, gather field data, and assist in collecting remote sensing data
- Prepare maps using the ESRI suite of software
- Conduct archival and historical background research
- Analyze artifacts and assist curation efforts
- Coordinate regulatory compliance efforts with federal, state, and municipal agencies
- Supervise and mentor junior staff
- Support and build clientele
- Provide support and technical assistance as needed
The salary for this position is $65,000-$85,000. However, the final agreed-upon compensation is based on the individual’s education, qualifications, and experience.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for VHB in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.