🔗Restoration Architect / Architectural Preservation Project Manager
Website Walter B. Melvin Architects, LLC
Walter B. Melvin Architects, LLC is an established mid-size firm in New York City specializing in the restoration of historic and landmark buildings envelopes. Since 1975, WBMA has successfully completed the restoration of hundreds of structures, including many of New York City’s iconic residential and institutional buildings. Recent award-winning projects include The Hope Building, Central Presbyterian Church, St. Paul’s Chapel, Freehand Hotel, Brooklyn Lyceum/Public Bath House No. 7, St. Thomas Church, and Donald Judd Home & Studio. Friendly and educational environment with good work-life balance.
- Develop and manage exterior building envelope restoration and repair projects from inception through to completion of construction.
- Draft proposals and interact with clients.
- Lead assessment and diagnosis of existing conditions and causes of deterioration.
- Develop and budget appropriate project-specific repair approaches and associated construction documents.
- Management of the bidding and construction process, running of meetings, and client expectations.
- Delegate work to and help train junior staff in all phases of the project process.