🔗Architectural Historian (Full-time, regular)
Website Willamette Cultural Resources Associates, Ltd.
Willamette Cultural Resources Associates, Ltd. (WillametteCRA) is a full-service cultural resource management firm serving the greater Pacific Northwest from offices in Portland and Seattle.
Willamette Cultural Resources Associates, Ltd. (WillametteCRA) is a full-service cultural resource management firm serving the greater Pacific Northwest from offices in Portland and Seattle. We are currently looking for an Architectural Historian to join our company on a full-time basis.
Responsibilities and Anticipated Tasks
- Working with the WillametteCRA architectural historians and aboveground resource specialist on projects in the Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, Washington metropolitan areas.
- Fieldwork, including site visits and historic built environment surveys.
- Data collection using a GIS web application on a mobile device.
- Digital photography.
- Desktop and archival research.
- Preparing documentation for upload to State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) databases.
Duration and Compensation
- This is a full-time, regular position.
- Compensation will be hourly and range from $26.00 to $32.00 per hour depending on education and experience of the candidate.
- Benefits include paid time off, including holidays and sick leave. Other benefits, including health insurance and a company 401(k) retirement plan, are subject to waiting periods outlined in the WillametteCRA employee manual.
- Out-of-pocket local transit and/or mileage costs incurred by the employee while doing fieldwork will be reimbursed by WillametteCRA.
- Survey fieldwork will occur outdoors under variable weather conditions.
- Desktop tasks will be performed indoors, either at a WillametteCRA office or remotely at the employee’s residence.
WillametteCRA is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.